photo: Ryan Volsen
Here’s a great opportunity if you want to ride more but just don’t feel comfortable riding in traffic. The Smart Cycling classes will build your confidence and get you on the road.
From instructors Cindy Green & Erika Henry…
“Bicycling to work, for errands or exercise can be safe and enjoyable. The League of American Bicyclists “Smart Cycling – Traffic Skills 101” class gives cyclists the confidence they need to ride safely and legally on streets. Learn principles of riding with traffic, predicting and avoiding motorist errors, bike handling skills, basic bicycle maintenance, and essential gear.
- · Taught by certified instructors and includes a student manual
- · Recommended for adults and youth (15+, must have a parent present at all times)
- · 9 hours of classroom and on-street instruction prepare you for a full understanding of vehicular cycling
- · A bicycle in good operating condition and a helmet are required.
- · Limited to 12 participants (minimum 6) per class.
- · Cost is $50 non-refundable fee. If you must miss a class, please arrange beforehand to make it up during one of the scheduled classes below. We are not able to refund any registration fees for partial or full missed classes.
Reserve your spot by finding Spokane Bicycle Traffic Skills at
The course is offered 4 times this year. Visit BrownPaperTickets.com and search for “spokane bike class” to register.
Class series: June 11 (5:30 pm – 8:30 pm) AND
June 14 (9:30 am – 3:30 pm). Must attend both sessions at Spokane Regional Health District, 1101 W College Ave.
Class series: July 16, July 23
AND July 30, 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm each night. Must attend all 3 sessions at Spokane Regional Health District, 1101 W College Ave. WOMEN-ONLY CLASS
Class series: September 10 (5:30 pm – 8:30 pm)
AND September 13 (9:30 am – 3:30 pm). Must attend both sessions at Spokane Regional Health District, 1101 W College Ave.
Let Traffic Skills 101 help you Ride Safely out there!”